The Dominican Republic is the most visited Caribbean destination—over 8.5 million tourists touched down on its shores in 2022 alone. There are many things to love about this beautiful island, but the reasons behind its acclaim may lie in its geographic diversity—the island boasts mountains, lakes and white sand beaches—and the multitude of high-quality resorts, particularly in the east zone, that make it easy for travelers to unplug and de-stress.
The best resorts in a destination on the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic known as the Coconut Coast, range from intimate beachfront boutique hotels to large, luxe properties that encompass thousands of finely manicured acres. Our selection of the best places to stay in 2023 includes options for every type of traveler, from thrill-seeking adventurers to multigenerational families and lovebirds looking for a child-free getaway.
- Best Overall Resort In Punta Cana: Eden Roc Cap Cana
- Best Luxury Resort In Punta Cana: Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort And Club
- Best Beachfront Resort In Punta Cana: Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana
- Best Adults-Only Resort In Punta Cana: TRS Cap Cana Waterfront And Marina Hotel
- Best Resort For Families In Punta Cana: Nickelodeon Hotel And Resort Punta Cana
- Best Resort For Couples In Punta Cana: Sanctuary Cap Cana
- Best Resort For Golfers In Punta Cana: The Westin Punta Cana Resort And Club
- Best All-Inclusive Resort In Punta Cana: Royalton Chic Punta Cana
- Resort With The Best Amenities In Punta Cana: Secrets Cap Cana
- Resort With The Best Pools In Punta Cana: Breathless Punta Cana
Best Overall Resort In Punta Cana: Eden Roc Cap Cana
Located on a pristine, private beach in exclusive Cap Cana (the upscale development has 30,000 acres of beaches and valleys), Eden Roc Cap Cana boasts 65 deluxe villas and elegant beachfront suites, including four serene Ocean Villas. The only Dominican resort with Relais and Châteaux distinction, guests can select from four haute cuisine restaurants serving Mediterranean, international fusion and grilled local seafood.
The secluded resort provides an ideal setting for rejuvenating activities, including mountain bike rides along a lush eco-trail, scuba lessons and exhilarating Caribbean Sea catamaran sailings. The seaside bar serves refreshing cocktails with views of the bright blue ocean beyond. And wellness-focused travelers can get immersed in nature with outdoor spa treatment rooms and the Cenote Wellness experience that includes a yoga session, massage, meditation and time in a cenote with a waterfall fountain. Let the healing sound of water wash your worries away.