Eden Roc at Cap Cana
The Dominican Republic’s posh enclave
The Dominican Republic’s Eden Roc at Cap Cana feels like a posh village rather than a traditional resort. A 15-minute drive from Punta Cana International Airport on the country’s easternmost tip, Eden Roc has a design that celebrates the aesthetics of the 1960s French and Italian Rivieras while managing to stay relatively true to its Caribbean setting.
Part of the Dominican Republic’s 30,000-acre Cap Cana enclave, Eden Roc is a Relais & Châteaux property flush with lush gardens, jewel-toned villas and one of the prettiest sugar-white sand strips on the island.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• You’ll enjoy complimentary use of a private, electric golf cart to zip around the expansive (and gorgeous) grounds.
• The hotel’s private beach club is a seaside haven with a host of amenities: beach butlers, infinity pool, restaurants, beach bar, spa, gym and a colorful kids club so you can drop the little ones for a few hours of total relaxation.
• On the premises of the Dominican Republic hotel is Punta Espada, a picturesque Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course (one of three in the vicinity) that many golfers flock to for its breathtaking scenery.
• In early 2016, Eden Roc unveiled the first stage of enhancements, which include the new Solaya Spa and a fitness center with improved wellness experiences and a new infinity pool overlooking the resort’s private white-sand beach.
• In addition to a host of amazing amenities, you’ll enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast at Mediterraneo Restaurant or Blue Grill + Bar.
Things to Know
• Local and international musicians like Luis Miguel and Diego el Cigala have even stopped by the Riva Bar for a drink and to play with the house piano player.
• The Koko Kid’s Club is the perfect perch for little ones, while mom and dad enjoy some alone time. Located on a lagoon, it resembles massive three-story house equipped with video games even a mini-spa.
• The suites include all the amenities one might expect at a modern-luxe hotel: fast Wi-Fi, 55-inch flat-screen televisions, iPads, Nespresso coffee and tea machines and luxurious linens, plush towels and bath products from Acqua di Parma.
• The Luxury Pool Family Suites overlook either the resort’s lush gardens or its magical lagoon and feature two bathrooms (with Jacuzzi tubs), a spacious living room and a master bedroom that joins to a secondary bedroom with bunk beds.
• 26 beachfront suites (starting at a spacious 1,194 square feet and up) were added to the hotel’s offerings in 2016. These have the ability to be configured into junior suites and one- and two-bedroom suites.
• Mediterraneo Restaurant (where the lavish daily breakfast buffet spread is served) offers a Mediterranean-style menu in a terraced setting in the luxury hotel’s main building.
• La Palapa, located at the Eden Roc Beach Club, is open for lunch and dinner, serving local seafood, hamburgers, pastas and sushi, alongside spectacular ocean views.
• The indoor Riva Bar and beachside Uva Bar provide great spaces for cocktails after dinner or during the day.
• Blue Grill + Bar is a testament to the finer things in life, complete with a cigar cellar, wine tasting room and live music.